If you can’t figure out how to install a WordPress plugin, you have come to the right place. We will give you detailed instructions on three methods you can use to install and finally activate your plugin.
Once you get the first one right, installing subsequent plugins will be a smooth process.
Plugins are essential for adding the functionality of your website without any expertise needed. You can improve your site’s SEO, increase speed, add payment methods, add contact forms, and much more.
There are over 55,000 free and paid WordPress plugins available. Although there is no limit to the number of plugins you can install, it’s important that you only install only what you need to avoid slowing down the website.
You need to also pay attention to the reliability of the plugin you choose. It should be secure and not affect the user-friendliness or responsiveness of your site.
How to Install a WordPress Plugin
If you want to install a free WordPress plugin, install the plugin by using the WordPress plugin search box. It is the easiest of the three methods.
You have to follow the WordPress plugin upload method if you want to install a paid or premium plugin, because you won’t find premium plugins in the WordPress plugin directory.
It is rare that you might have problems installing a plugin by WordPress plugin search or using the plugin upload method. Nevertheless, if it happens, you have to install your plugin using FTP.
How to Install a WordPress Plugin via WordPress Plugin Search Box
First, head over to your WordPress dashboard and go to Plugins >> Add New.
You will see an interface like the image above. Type the plugin name in the search box that you want to add. For our tutorial, type in keywords for a plugin you are looking for an example, we will use Elementor .
Next, click on the “Install Now” button. WordPress will automatically download and install the plugin for you.
You can see that the “Install Now” button has changed into an “Activate” button. The plugin won’t work on your site if you don’t activate it.
Go ahead and click on the Activate button. Now you can start using this plugin.
That’s all. You have successfully installed the Elementor page builder plugin on your website.
How to Install a WordPress Plugin by WordPress Plugin Upload Method
This procedure is usually used for installing premium plugins. As the WordPress plugin directory is limited to only free plugins, paid plugins cannot be installed using the first method, because they are not listed in the WordPress plugin directory.
For this reason, WordPress comes with an upload method.
In this section, we will show you how to install a WordPress plugin using the plugin upload system.
- First, download the Elementor plugin from elemntor.com. It will be a zip file (You have to download your chosen plugin from the desired source).
- Log in to your WordPress admin area.
- Go to Plugins > Add New.
- Next, click on the ‘Upload Plugin’ button at the top of the page.
This will open the plugin upload section. From here you have to choose the zip file that you have downloaded previously.
- Click on “Choose File”.
- You will be redirected to your own computer files. Choose the zip file from your computer.
After that, click the “Install Now” button.
Now WordPress will automatically upload the plugin from your computer and install it for you.
When you complete this process, you will see a success message on the WordPress dashboard.
After installing successfully, you need to click on “Activate Plugin”. It should now be activated on your website. Lastly, you have to configure the plugin settings.
Every plugin has a different settings configuration procedure. Therefore, we will not show you this in our tutorial.
Want to find out more ways to upload your WordPress Plugins in other method ways By visiting the full article How to install a WordPress Plugin
What exactly is a Push Notification? Why you should be using them?
Push Notifications or Message pop-ups are a correspondence channel incorporated with each cell phone sold today.
- Pop-up messages are the first and frequently most significant correspondences channel utilized by applications.
- About each major application utilizes message pop-ups for exchanges and re-commitment.
- Pop-up message innovation is quickly advancing from a straightforward message conveyance framework to a rich and intelligent medium.
Clients today make some hard memories recollecting what applications they even have on their gadget. Message pop-ups help these administrations convey opportune and important data to clients, and in doing as such, remaining top of their mind.
An ongoing report indicated that versatile clients get a normal of 63.5 warnings every day, with most notices originating from informing and email applications.
Message pop-ups ( or Push notifications ) are basically a method for making clients aware of data that they have subscribed to from applications and administrations. Notices envelop about each conceivable use case and sort of administration, including different interchanges mediums like email, SMS, and VoIP.
One of the best notification tools out there to run on any devise and multitude of browsers is called One Signal. This is great for WordPress user web sites too. We have been using this for years and the best part about it…its all they dedicate on doing. They have even kept up with the oh so rapidly evolving in technology.
There are three basic types of Push Notifications that people use most frequently. Do any of these fit the type of messages your viewers could benefit from?
One Signal has the tools to either allow you to send certain push notifications to your users depending on the type you need for your audience or business. Even interaction with WordPress sites, which is why we like them so much.
Set automated messages triggered by events – such as a package in transit or abandoned cart. Transactional notifications build trust and nudge users to complete actions.
Let your users know about new features and opportunities, such as product launches, breaking news, and holiday discounts. These usually go out as massive blasts to a wide audience. ( This is the one most common for WordPress users)
Let users know when another user, seller, or reader messages them. These are especially relevant for social networking apps, dating apps, marketplaces, and any sites that allow comments.
What is the best way to use Push Notifications?
Got to play nice in the sandbox! There is an etiquette on the web and us developers are held to certain standards.
A key component of message pop-ups is that clients must select in to getting them. Given the quantity of warnings most clients get, numerous clients decide to quit accepting increasingly except if there is a convincing an incentive to the notices.
Keep giving your audience a reason to be engaged in your notifications!
- Sign up for notifications on sales done at your location.
- Delivery or pick up locations for items when they arrive.
- News that is for your local area.
- Parents or support groups information or opportunities.
- Subscription for family and friends of a personal blog.
- The list goes on and on!
Some of the features One Signal has:
- Mobile Push Notifications
- Web Push (which is what we use in WordPress)
- Email ( this comes in with a built in builder with Drag n drop tools)
- In-App (great for using targeted audiences and comes with Analytics to see engagements)
- And last but such a great tool is their preview tool! This is such a great way to see how easy this system is to use too!
In conclusion, if you have a WordPress site and need help setting up push notifications for your site, let us know by contacting us. One signal is the one we recommend to get this done for you.
You can see more about One Signal Push Notifications and think of the possibilities for your place of business, personal and family uses.
As of Weds March 18th, 2020 – Square released an announcement that they have ways now for people to order from your business and pick up curbside. This is coming from ways to help businesses in your community take orders, pay and pick up curbside with the outbreak of the Covid-19 virus.
If you have an existing WordPress web site great! If you are using it with Square™, you can now offer curbside ordering for your customers. If you would like to set up an online store using Square, feel free to contact us or we can take your existing WordPress web site and link it to your square account so people can still shop for your products. This is a safer way for people to shop online right now and go pick it up from their vehicle.
Wednesday’s announcement below will help small businesses.
We realize that everyone around the world is facing unique challenges right now, and for business owners, the stakes are particularly high. In this challenging and uncertain time some of you are able to continue with little change, while others have been required to temporarily shut your doors. We want to offer some support in the ways we can. Here are the immediate steps we are taking to help:
– Today Square Online Store released the option for curbside pickup, and later this week a local delivery feature will be available for all businesses so that you can quickly adapt to this changing environment. We are also waiving curbside pickup and delivery fees for the next three months. Square Online Store already offers online orders for in-store pickup with no monthly fee.
– We are refunding all software subscription fees for the month of March, which includes Square Appointments, Retail, Restaurants, Loyalty, Team Management, Payroll, Marketing, and Square Online Store. Square will manage the process for you—there’s no need to do anything.
– We’re also offering a resource hub with information and advice for businesses to navigate this new environment, which covers how to offer local delivery, set up and promote electronic gift cards, utilize free marketing campaigns, turn off signature requirements for in-person purchases, and more.
We are taking proactive steps to ensure we can continue to provide you with both advice and assistance. Customer Support is here to help with questions or concerns. As we continue to assess the situation, teams across the company are prioritizing how we can provide additional support during this time.
Please take care of yourselves, your families, your employees, and your customers.
With adjustments in how today and in the future may shop, it is a great way to keep your customers’ shopping.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us so that we can assist you.
Share this on your social media so that we can help assist you with businesses online.
If you are starting a business in 2020 or thinking about finally getting a web site for your existing business, then this is a sweet deal we are offering right out of the gates in the new year!
Get a WordPress site started for just $299!
We just want to get you started on those business goals of getting your business on the web.
What does the landing page include?
A landing page is a page designed in different sections. Some of the examples of a landing page could include:
- A slider of information/images or both
- About Us section
- Our services
- Small Gallery
- Contact information (including form)
- Map of Location
- Any other possibility that tells information about your business and to get you started!
Also included in our WordPress custom-built packages at NO EXTRA COST!
- Setting up and installation of WordPress (on correct type of hosting, we help you with this)
- Installation and set up of a visual editor for your site
- Security for your WordPress site (this does not include SSL)
- SEO tools for your web site
- Each design is created mobile friendly
- Submit to Google for Indexing both in computer indexing and mobile indexing
We also help with:
Contact us and we will set up a time and get you started! Web sites can be done in a matter of a few short days!